With realistic expectations and proper preparation for your mommy makeover, you can have a smooth healing process and a beautiful outcome. The great thing about the mommy makeover is that while you will have multiple procedures, you will have just one recovery period.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at UCI Plastic Surgery will provide detailed recovery instructions for your unique situation. We support you through each step of the mommy makeover process, from your initial consultation through your follow-up care.
How Long Does it Take to Heal from a Mommy Makeover?
Depending on the procedures you choose for your mommy makeover, your recovery may take four weeks to three months. Typically, you should plan to take a week or two off work and expect to have some swelling or bruising for a few weeks. Your results will gradually reveal themselves over the weeks following your surgery.
Our surgeons will monitor your healing and clear you for more intense physical activity as your body is ready. Following our surgeon’s recommendations is key to supporting your body’s healing process and achieving your treatment goals.
Plan Ahead for a Smooth Mommy Makeover Recovery
Based on your treatment goals and anatomy, one of our surgeons will develop a treatment plan for you. Mommy makeovers can include a combination of the following procedures:
Once you decide on your treatment plan, you can ask our surgeon about your specific expected recovery time. Some procedures, such as a full tummy tuck, require a longer rest period than others, so your recovery may be different than that of another mommy makeover patient.
No matter what combination of procedures your mommy makeover includes, planning ahead is crucial to making your recovery time as easy and stress-free as possible. The following are some steps you can take before your treatment:
- Coordinate transportation – Since the procedure requires anesthesia, you will need someone to drive you home. Make things easy for yourself by arranging a ride in advance.
- Arrange for a household helper – You will have physical activity restrictions following your procedure, so you will need help with household tasks and childcare. Contact a friend, loved one, or paid caregiver who can step in and provide assistance while you rest.
- Meal planning –Your body needs a healthy, balanced diet to support healing. Stock your refrigerator and freezer with fruits, vegetables, and nutritious pre-made meals to make eating healthy easy.
- Recovery station – Set up your recovery station before your procedure. Create a comfortable, cozy spot where you can relax and rest. Gather items you use throughout the day, such as tissues, lip balm, books, or electronic devices, so you have what you need within reach after your surgery.
Tips for Recovery after a Mommy Makeover
Listening to your body and following our recovery instructions are essential to a successful healing period. As you recover, you should:
- Be patient – As tempting as it might be, it is important not to rush back into your normal routine. If a particular movement or activity is painful, back off and give yourself more time. Our surgeon will advise you of activities to avoid and will clear you for increased activity as your healing progresses.
- Stay in contact with us – In addition to attending your follow-up appointments, if you have questions or concerns, contact our office right away. It is better to ask than to guess and cause yourself pain or complications.
- Not smoke – Smoking reduces your body’s ability to heal, so if you are a smoker, you will need to quit prior to your surgery and throughout your recovery.
Call Us for a Mommy Makeover Consultation in Orange County
We excel at delivering personalized care and beautiful results to our patients in Tustin, Orange, Costa Mesa, and the nearby areas of Southern California.
Find out if a mommy makeover is a good option for you by calling to schedule a consultation. Call 714-456-3077 for our Orange and Tustin offices, or call 949-999-2411 to reach our Costa Mesa location. We look forward to helping you achieve your desired appearance.