Motherhood is unquestionably one of the most fulfilling experiences in life. However, the rigors of pregnancy and childbirth take an inevitable toll on your body. A mommy makeover is a customized combination of breast and body procedures that can help you reclaim your pre-pregnancy figure.
If you are struggling with the lingering effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding, contact UCI Plastic Surgery today online or over the phone to schedule an initial consultation. Call 714-456-3077 for our Orange and Tustin locations, or call 949-999-2411 for our Costa Mesa location.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
Motherhood often means putting the needs of your children ahead of your own. Newborns require constant care and an enormous amount of your time and attention. As rewarding as this is, it’s also important to take care of yourself. You deserve to feel confident and beautiful.
A mommy makeover can provide you with a number of life-changing benefits, such as:
- Fuller, perkier breasts
- A smoother, flatter belly
- Slimmer, sleeker body contours
- Tighter abs
- More youthful appearance
- Better fitting clothes
We can help you determine the best surgical procedures for your mommy makeover. During your consultation, we can also help you plan the appropriate timing for each procedure, whether they are staggered or performed in a single operation.
Am I a Good Mommy Makeover Candidate?
Generally speaking, you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover if you:
- Are in good overall health
- Close to your ideal weight
- Do not smoke
- Are able to take time off to rest and recover
- Are willing to closely follow pre and postoperative instructions
- Have realistic expectations for your results
It’s important to note that your mommy makeover recovery will require some physical limitations. You should avoid lifting anything heavier than ten pounds, including your children, for at least six weeks. If you have small children, you will need to arrange help with your everyday activities for the first few weeks. This will be discussed in greater detail during your initial consultation.
How Soon Can I Have a Mommy Makeover?
It’s generally recommended that you wait at least six months after you’ve stopped breastfeeding until you start to think about a mommy makeover. By then, your breasts should have returned to their normal size, and your weight will be more stable, which will help to provide longer-lasting results for your makeover. It can sometimes take a year or more before your body has reached a new state of “normal,” and you’re ready for a mommy makeover.
Every woman experiences the recovery process from childbirth in her own way. Some mothers may find that they’re ready to undergo the procedure sooner, while other women’s bodies take longer to cope with the aftereffects of pregnancy. Your initial consultation at UCI Plastic Surgery is your opportunity to discuss the timing of your procedure and determine the best course of action for your unique body and goals.
What Procedures Does a Mommy Makeover Include?
At UCI Plastic Surgery, we custom-tailor your mommy makeover to suit your unique body and personal goals. While the procedure typically includes breast surgery, a tummy tuck, and liposuction, there are several other body-transforming options that you can incorporate into your rejuvenating mommy makeover procedure.
- Breast Augmentation: Motherhood can cause a number of changes to your breasts. Breast augmentation can improve the size, shape, and symmetry of your breasts through the placement of saline or silicone breast implants.
- Breast Lift: While breast augmentation can give you fuller breasts, it cannot address significant sagging. A breast lift, often combined with breast augmentation, can elevate your breasts to a more attract position and provide a perky, youthful look.
- Tummy Tuck: Pregnancy can stretch abdominal muscles and skin, creating a protruding midsection. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin while tightening separated or weakened muscles.
- Liposuction: If you struggle with stubborn pockets of fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise, liposuction may be your ideal solution. Liposuction can remove unwanted fat from your problem areas and create a firmer, slimmer figure.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: If you are unhappy with the appearance of your backside, a Brazilian butt lift can naturally enhance the size and shape of your derriere with fat harvested from areas of your body that you would prefer less fat, such as the thighs or abdomen.
- Thigh Lift: Many mothers struggle with excess skin and fat in their thighs. A thigh lift is performed to remove excess fat and skin from the thighs while tightening the remaining skin and tissue for a more firm and toned appearance.
- Arm Lift: Also known as brachioplasty, an arm lift lifts and tightens loose skin in the upper arms, creating a firmer, more youthful arm contour.
UCI Plastic Surgery also offers a wide range of non-surgical treatments to complement and enhance your mommy makeover results. During your initial consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons, we will discuss your goals and explain all of your options. Together we will design a customized treatment plan that best suits your budget, lifestyle, and desired outcome.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Allowing yourself adequate time to properly recuperate is one of the most important aspects of your mommy makeover recovery. Since mommy makeovers involve multiple procedures at once, it’s crucial to let your body rest and heal. As a mother with many responsibilities, this can be challenging. You’ll need support during this time to help with your daily tasks and avoid strenuous activity.
Following your procedure, you’ll be fitted with bandages and garments to maximize healing and minimize swelling. You will be provided with detailed postoperative instructions to ensure your recovery is as quick and healthy as possible. These instructions may include:
- How to care for the areas where you had surgery
- Medication to manage discomfort and promote healing
- When you can expect to return to work
- What to watch for during the recovery process
- How often to schedule follow-up appointments
Mommy makeover recovery periods typically last about three to six weeks. During this time, it is important to limit your activities and avoid exercise. Keep in mind that everyone heals differently. You can discuss what you can expect after surgery in greater detail during your initial consultation at our office.
Scarring After a Mommy Makeover
Scarring is inevitable after any surgical procedure. However, the incisions from your mommy makeover will be placed very discreetly, concealed by your body’s natural creases or below your bikini line. It can take up to a year or more for scars to fade, and they may actually look worse during the first several months of your recovery. The appearance of your scars can also be improved through the use of topical scar treatments or laser scar revision.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
The cost of a mommy makeover varies significantly from patient to patient, depending on the procedures involved and the extent of work being done. During your initial consultation at UCI Plastic Surgery, you will meet personally with one of our experienced plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and treatment options.
We will thoroughly explain the details of each procedure you are considering and answer your questions, including your payment and financing options. You will be provided with a price estimate to help you make an informed decision.
Why Choose UCI Plastic Surgery?
Combination treatments, such as mommy makeovers, require a wealth of experience, technical skill, and knowledge. It is essential to choose a plastic surgeon with exceptional credentials and a proven history of exquisite results.
With a diverse team of trusted surgeons, each with his or her own specialty, UCI Plastic Surgery offers an unparalleled depth of knowledge in the fields of breast, face, and body-contouring procedures. Our comprehensive range of experience and expertise provides a level of excellence you simply won’t find at other practices.
Above all is our commitment to you, our patient. We are dedicated to providing individualized care with honesty, integrity, and compassion. We know what a personal decision it is to undergo cosmetic surgery, and we are honored to assist you on your transformational journey.
We invite you to visit our before and after gallery to see examples of our world-class results for yourself.
Schedule Your Mommy Makeover Consultation Today
If you feel self-conscious about your post-pregnancy body, you deserve to look and feel your absolute best. Contact UCI Plastic Surgery today to arrange your initial consultation. Simply complete the form on this page or call 714-456-3077 for our Orange and Tustin locations, or call 949-999-2411 for our Costa Mesa location.