Breast augmentation is one of the most popular procedures for breast enhancement. In addition to providing your breasts with an ideal shape and size, the procedure also gives you a boost in confidence. The best part: breast augmentation achieves all these goals in a simple, safe, and healthy manner.
If you want to reshape your breasts for comfort, symmetry, or personal preference, you might already be considering breast augmentation. But you might be wondering what the ideal age is for this transformative surgery.
To help you find an informed answer, here’s a guide to the right age for breast augmentation.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation refers to a set of procedures that help you enhance and reshape your breasts. The approach uses implants to achieve the desired results, which ensures that the effects are beautiful and long lasting.
The procedure can be performed using different techniques that relate to the placement, insertion method, and the desired shape and size of your breasts.
Breast augmentation uses either saline or silicone implants. The choice varies upon a case-to-case basis, where a qualified surgeon can provide you with a plan customized to your unique body and goals. This makes sure that you are getting optimal benefits from the procedure depending upon your lifestyle as well as various other factors.
What is the Right Age for Breast Augmentation?
The suggested age for breast augmentation depends upon the type of implants you want to receive. For cosmetic procedures, the minimum age requirements are set by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA); but there is no maximum age limit set for the process. For reconstructive procedures, women of any age can get the surgery.
The minimum age limit to receive saline-filled implants is 18 years. For silicone-filled implants, the minimum age requirement is increased 22 years. If you are older than these specified ages, your physician’s personalized is the best determination of whether you should undergo this procedure.
Breast augmentation is a highly accessible procedure that can be obtained at practically any age. As long as your physician assesses that it is safe for you to get implants, you can move forward with the surgery.
Who Can Get Breast Augmentation?
Apart from determining the right age for breast augmentation, you can also consider common motivators to get the procedure. With that being said, you can receive breast augmentation at any time for cosmetic purposes.
Some of the most common reasons for breast augmentation include the following.
- Ensure symmetry. You can get the procedure if one of your breasts is smaller than the other.
- Enhance size. If your breasts are too small for your comfort, you can go through the procedure to enhance their size.
- Improve shape. In case you do not feel comfortable with the shape of your breasts due to aging or other factors, the procedure can address and resolve this concern.
- Manage weight management. If your breasts seem out of shape after a phase of weight loss or gain, the procedure can help you obtain your ideal figure and flattering proportions.
- Post-pregnancy issues. You can get breast augmentation to resolve concerns caused by post-pregnancy weight management.
- Reconstructive surgery. If you have gone through a major life change such as a mastectomy or a medical condition, you can receive breast augmentation to restore the shape of your breasts.
In case you are ready to get breast augmentation or want further advice regarding the process, schedule a consultation at UCI Plastic Surgery today. With our California offices in Orange, Costa Mesa, Tustin, Newport Beach, and Yorba Linda, we will be able to offer personalized suggestions that translate to your ideal results.